Sunday, June 28, 2009

use of Twitterizer

I'm continuing with Twitter API coding, in preparation for a LITA preconference that I'll be attending in less than two weeks. Previously, I just used the Twitter API and XML parsing in .NET. I tried a couple of different approaches in continuing my work: shifting to Python for application programming (which I found more difficult than I expected, in part because of the shift from Python 2.x to Python 3.x, and poor documentation of available libraries.

I've gone back to using .NET for coding Twitter applications and I'm working on a Windows client at this time. I investigated two library options (TwitterLib and Twitterizer) and, again, the poor documentation issue was evident. I have made enough progress with Twitterizer that I think I'll stick with it for my Twitter development for the immediate future.

1 comment:

Rach said...

Hi, I have just started using Twitterizer and I am having trouble getting my site to talk to the dll. Did you have any problems referencing it?