Tuesday, May 27, 2008

northwest archivists 2008

Early this week, I attended a Northwest Digital Archives program meeting and a Northwest Archivists preconference workshop on the use of primary materials in the classroom. The meetings were held at the Consortium Library at the University of Alaska Anchorage.

On Tuesday, I attended an NWDA committee meeting. John Helmer of the Alliance gave an WebEx presentation that focused on the Alliance's work with the Summit migration. There were working group presentations, and I gave my database manager overview of the NWDA. Info from my presentation is available here, and I will add more later. Jodi Allison-Bunnell, as the program manager, presented on the NWDA, what's been done in the past year, and what's to come, and there were a number of other informative presentations as well.



I had a chance to spend quite a bit of time with my NWDA colleagues, including at a Monday dinner at the Moose Tooth's Pizzeria. On the walk back, we came across a couple of moose, one of which I took a photo of. I kept trying to call the moose over (in falsetto voice): "come here, moosie moose...."



One thing that I found challenging about this week is connectivity, most notably with my phone. I was unable to send PIX messages from my Verizon phone while in Anchorage.

No comments: