Conference, and I'll try to write up a summary during the day on Monday.Kyle Banerjee (right, with Anya Arnold) presented at a Saturday program on WorldCat Navigator, describing the Alliance's experience with the now-available product. I thought the product summary that he and OCLC's Katie Birch provided was much more fleshed out than the one provided at Midwinter in January - in part because of the lessons learned and the fact that the Alliance and its members have a better feel for the impact of the migration from INNReach to WorldCat Navigator.
The Friday preconference (mash-ups in libraries) that I attended was valuable to me, and exposed me to Yahoo Pipes for the first time. As a result of this session, I'm going to spend more time trying to use PHP for these kinds of apps, in order to gain access to a larger example code set (in comparison to my current, primary use of Visual Basic .NET).
In progress.

No comments:
Post a Comment